chevy silverado 4x4

I currently have a 94 chevy silverado that has a mionor problem with the four wheel drive. When put the transfer case into four wheel
dirve, it feel lik it is geared down. But the front wheels do not lock in. I was told that I would have to replace the transfer case. But I was just wondering if by chance it could just be a sensor? Does anybody have any feed back for me?

Replacing the transfer case for lack of front wheel engagement is somewhat extreme based on the info given. I'd be willing to bet it's the transfer case actuator that's faulty. In 94 it's a thermally actuated and flaky model. The '95 model was electrical and far more reliable. This is what it should be replaced with. Read the thread below for people with similar issues and fixes... http://www.topix.net/forum/autos/chevrolet-suburban/T6L29BEAJ30CL735S
Check for a vacuum leak. My 94 S-10 (4.3 engine) had a similar problem. It happened in the cold of January and I didn't feel like crawling under the truck in the cold. A few months later the engine began running erratic. I found a vacuum hose had harden and cracked at the back near the engine connection.
I fixed the vacuum leak and behold the front wheels began to locked in.
Ron
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

The 4WD actuation and mechanism on '94 S10 is different than on a Chev full size truck (Silverado)....one has a vacuum actuator, the other doesn't.