1946 Chevy truck...

Hi,
A friend of mine has a old 1946 Chevy truck. The motor number and chassis number are handwritten nin the car's documents: Chassis:
XBPW-3056 Motor: DEA?252405
Do the above numbers seem to be correct? I'm unsure about the 'A' in the motor number and its final '5' might also be a 'F'.
Where do we look for the chassis- and motor number on these trucks?
We need quite a few parts this this truck. Any suggestions for good stores and places to ask for parts?
Thanks a bunch ;-)
Geir

The numbers don't look right......check out the link below. More likely should read 3604 for the model and DAA for the 216 Engine
http://www.americanclassic.com/paint.htm
There is a Plate on the firewall about 3 " X 2" under the Hood it should be Silver in color The Engine # is on a pad Where the Distributor Goes in The Block
Geir Holmavatn wrote:

tom wrote:

Thanks.
Unfortunately we are not able to locate the chassis number plate. There is a chance that it has been removed, can someone say more explicitly where we should look for it? Upper / lower, RH or LH side of the firewall..?
best regards
Geir
Upper left just Below the Voltage Regulator
look for the Rivet holes