Found a truck but...

I posted a week ago asking about the 5.3 versus the 6.0, a few people suggested I just start looking for a 2500 instead of the 1500 silverado, the 2500's all have the 6.0.

Well, I found one. A private seller on Craig's List. A 2006 2500HD 36K miles

But, it's about 1 hour and 30 minutes away and I'd really like to have my local mechanic check it out. Not sure if I'd let a stranger take my vehicle back home with him and then possibly bring it back without buying it.

What should I do in this situation?

Reply to
smk17

Does your local mechanic drink beer? Ask him to go with you. You will have to cough up some cash too.

Or, ask the seller to bring the truck to you. Offer to fill up the tank.

Reply to
Bill

Find one closer to you.

nobody #1

Reply to
nobody #1

Of course that is the best answer, but...

I have searched high and low, probably all over New York and Pennsylvania, and because I want such a specific truck, there aren't any near me. Well, there are a few, but the mileage is either too high, it's too old, wrong color, too expensive, etc, etc. I'm picky with my money.

Anyway this truck I'm talking about, I no longer want an extended cab, I now want a crew cab.

Reply to
smk17

You DO want a Crew Cab. Those back doors are a pain.

Didn't like the beer idea?

Of course that is the best answer, but...

I have searched high and low, probably all over New York and Pennsylvania, and because I want such a specific truck, there aren't any near me. Well, there are a few, but the mileage is either too high, it's too old, wrong color, too expensive, etc, etc. I'm picky with my money.

Anyway this truck I'm talking about, I no longer want an extended cab, I now want a crew cab.

Reply to
Bill

What is it about the back doors?

The beer idea was good... I just don't know him THAT well.

Reply to
smk17

Yeah I want a crew cab, got two kids 9 and 11, camping, trips, etc, they fit good back there.

Reply to
smk17

Pain to use the back doors. If someone, like the kids that frequent the bathroom, need to get out, you have to open your door first.

Doesn't hurt to ask.

Reply to
Bill

These are the doors where you don't have to open yours first. That's an extended cab where the front door needs to be opened first. Crew cab all doors open by themselves.

Reply to
smk17

I always found it a PIA to load groceries in an extended cab when you are in a parking lot, other vehicles parked next to you, and you trying to shuffle items from your grocery cart in between the front door and the extended door. I have since switched to a crew cab.

These are the doors where you don't have to open yours first. That's an extended cab where the front door needs to be opened first. Crew cab all doors open by themselves.

Reply to
Meebers

I have a K1500 (4 X 4) Crew Cab and the groceries get loaded in the truck bed between the tail gate extender and the tail gate. Never more than a 15 minute trip from the store to home and it's a lot easier to just put them in the bed (except for eggs, bread and ice cream).

Reply to
Steve

I realize this is a few days after you asked your question, but you could leave a deposit, something like your current vehicle and a good portion of the cash to purchase the truck. Both of you would want a receipt/contract with clear expectations about what the other expected in case the truck was involved in an accident or broke down while in your care and/or you decided not to buy it because you decided it wasn't mechanically enough for you.

Reply to
edo.hart

Get a crew cab. I got an extended cab, and the kids already outgrew it.

Reply to
4546