Chevy/Ford truck question

Which Chevrolet truck is equivalent to the Ford 150? TIA

The Silverado 1/2-ton or 1500. When talking about looks, none, I think all the GM trucks look better than that box Ford calls a modern pickup. I dislike that high tailgate, JMO though...

Thanks. I was originally interested in the Chev truck S-10 but thought I might go a little bigger and I liked the size of the Ford 150.

What are you planning on using the truck for...Hauling, daily driver, off road, long haul vacations? What percentage of each?

I would see items in the classifieds that I wanted to buy but no way to get them home. I also buy a lot of plants, fertilizer, landscaping materials. The bottom line use it for things I couldn't haul in the car. The S-10 would be fine except I like to take my dog (collie size) with me and decided the S-10 would not be big enough inside but want to stay with the best gas mileage.
"Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

get
decided
S-10 was available with an extended cab Whitelightning
Whitelightning wrote:

Or the crew cab. I actually wanted an s10 crew cab but decided I didn't want to loose the 6' bad, I wish they had offered a crew cab with the 6' instead of 4.5' but most people would do fine with the shorter bed.
I would look into a 3/4T(2500). Its better to have more than you think you will need because you will need more than you have at some point. 1000lbs adds up REAL fast and today's trucks sacrifice load capacity for ride. I was loading almost 2000lbs into an '87 K20 Chevy 4x4 and it squatted much less than the '02 2500HD with 1000lbs. The '02 won for power but with the 6L the MPG sucked compared to the '87's 350.
For strength, Ford and Dodge are better(Its a frame issue). For reliability, power, and resale, Chevy/GMC is better. Ride is similar in all. Capacity is close for all three to.
If you trust yourself enough to not overload your truck and follow proper loading, you could go with a 1500 Z71 with the towing package and get the 5.3 for mileage.

If you were considering the S-10 you might also take a look at the new Colorado that replaced the S-10. Look at the extended cab if you want more interior space. The 5 cylinder engine is targeted at people who want better mileage without having to sacrifice all of the power. I have an S-10 4cylinder and I can tell you it is way underpowered. In the mountains, I have trouble keeping up highway speeds, otherwise it is just sluggish. I have been looking at upgrading to the Colorado as I don't want to feed the V8.
Dinah wrote:

Dinah wrote: "Thanks. I was originally interested in the Chev truck S-10 but thought I might go a little bigger and I liked the size of the Ford 150."
You want room, power and the works check out Dodge's new Mega Cab. Drove one the other day with the Cummins diesel and that baby moves.
Sarge
Dinahwrote: "Which Chevrolet truck is equivalent to the Ford 150?"
The Chevy 1500 series will get you better gas mileage then the Ford.
Sarge
and have more power. I did like the interior better on the Ford, but HATED the very tail bed sides.

Site Timeline