fuel gauge shaking hands with oil gauge...

Ladies and Gentlemen, Here's one I haven't seen yet...I had about a 1/5th of a tank of gas left driving down the freeway. I look down and my fuel gauge needle is pointing straight down, resting on the oil pressure needle. (I guess it was a tough day for him.) I look again 5 minutes later and it is back from it's rest and working again. Now, this needle has been jumpy for the last year with the last fuel pump change-out(4th pump). Is the needle going to give up the ghost? '96 GMC Sierra 5.7 Thanks in advance, Bob Truck Avoid being "Jiffy Screwed" Support your local mechanic!!!

Reply to
Bob Truck