Fuel Pump Problems with my 2003 Blazer?

I live in San Diego where I do a lot of highway driving. I've got 105,000 miles on my 2-door S-10, 3.4 liter Oil changed every 3,000 miles and all the standard maintainance done over the past 4 years and have had no problems until now.

Two DIFFERENT dealerships have'nt found the problem yet.

The problem started a few days ago. It would crank and crank and crank, but would not start. I towed it to the nearest Chevy dealership and they said the pass lock sensor was bad ... $425.00. Then they called me back the next day and said the fuel pump is bad. Well that should have been diagnosed at the same time as the pass lock sensor. I did'nt trust them so I paid for the sensor and took it to another Chevy dealership and had them check the fuel pump, both when I brought it in and after it sat overnight. They said there was 55 lbs. of fuel pressure and it was ok.

I then told them to do a tune-up, $600.00 and replace the fuel filter, $75.00.

This morning the SUV would not start. It cranked and cranked ... nothing. So, I started pumping the gas pedal over and over again. Nothing. I turned the ignition key halfway off and stepped on the gas pedal a few more times and tried cranking and it STARTED! ... but the Security light is on. Why is the security light on? I took a chance and drove it 20 miles back to the dealership I trust and the security light was on ALL the way over.

The check engine light never came on the whole time.

After I dropped the Blazer off, I tried to start it up one more time and it started right up ... and the security light went off! Hopefully some codes will be generated and I hope they are accurate.

I suspect a bad fuel pump, but why the security light?? If the security system went bad it would have shut the fuel pump down, completely, right?

Does the fuel pump have a sensor on it? ... so it would send out a diagnostic code to the memory?

Thanks very much for any advice :)

-- Joe

Reply to
Joe