gas mileage-2003 suburban

I've asked you guys/gals this before-- but now that I've had my 2003 for 4 months-- I wanted to ask again.

At best-- I'm getting 14 mpg-- average 12.

Is that about right?

The other day on the highway I drove 150 hwy miles-- had 7 folks in the car- got 13.6 mpg.

I just thought I might see a little better than this. What's your experience, suburban owners? I may trade this in on a Dodge Sprinter.

Reply to
Carlton Clay

My wifes 99 Tahoe (5.7l/auto/4wd) was getting dismal mileage (16 to 17 on the highway) so I changed muffler to a magnaflow dual 2.5 inlet and one 3 inch outlet. Significant increase in mileage! Now mileage runs about 20, depending on circumstances/conditions. On a recent run from Santa Rosa, NM to Amarillo it was over 23. From Amarillo on to OKC it was just over 20.

YMMV...

Reply to
George

I have a old 89 4x4 1500 burb thgat I have had since it was new and I get 18 to 19 MPG with it on highway uder 70 MPH even with A/C on and loaded with people. I do use 93 octane in it though. When it was new the best I ever got was 15 on 87 and usually in the 13 to 14 MPG range on highway. Been using 89 in winter 93 the rest of the time in it for almost 15 years now.

Reply to
TheSnoMan

Reply to
Carlton Clay

My 97 C1500 Suburban does around 15 in town (suburbia). I regularly use it on long road trips where I get about 23mpg even when loaded. I have been pleased - I never expected to get these figures.

Doug

Reply to
Droopy
23?????

Never seen anything above 15.

Anyway-- I've put 93 octane per another fellows suggestion in the newsgroup. That's the cheapest thing to try.

Reply to
Carlton Clay

Reply to
Dave