Brake lights 1978 C20

the story is this-

Aircraft mechanic, always wanted to big pickup truck, bought a 1978 C-

20, stuck it in a garage for 10 years when he moved on the other things,

Took it out of the garage, and the right turn signal didn't work. Jumped around the wiring harness from where some trailer hookups are taken off in the frame harness.

There are four lions coming down the frame harness: reverse lights, tail lamps, and right and left signals.

Things are working okay now except that I lost the right brake light and the right taillight is much brighter. Are the filaments in the two filament bulb different wattages? Did I get the wires reversed? Or is it some resistor in the light switch?

I put in a good GM light switch about a year before I parked it.

David

Reply to
David Schierholz

Man I hope you feed them well lol.

sounds like you got wires crossed, and the brake filament is getting powered when the lights are turned on, instead of the tail light filamanets, they are different wattage. Now then question, did you loose the barke light complelty, or just when the head lamsps are on? Loosing the ground can cause problems too.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning