Has anyone removed the fan shroud to a 92 gmc/chevy van with 4.3L?

I need to replace the water pump. Is it a cinch or is the job filled with horror stories? Please share them with me.

I noticed that the shroud comes apart in two pieces but it looks like the A/C accumulator and hose prevents the upper half from being remove out the top.

I cant see clear if the bottom half of the shroud can come out the bottom and do the work from underneath the van.

Any help is appreciated. Dean

Reply to
dhawo