Help! I want to add R134 to my AC

1996 Chevy Suburban 4x4, 7.8L Vortec. My AC had reduced cooling for a while and I'm sure it needs a recharge.

This is something I've done before on my other cars, but I just don't seem to be able to find the suction side.

There is a Schrader type valve (much like an tire innertube valve) right on top of the AC compressor. The problem is that it's not labeled, so I don't know if it's low or high pressure. I've never seen a service valve in this particular location. Most are near the accumulator dryer.

If you have experience with the type of system used in this model year, I'd really appreciate your suggestion(s).

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
jp

I'm no expert but I have serviced a few of my own cars that are 134a and the fittings for high and low side are different sizes. So as long as someone hasn't jacked with them, it should be nearly impossible to get the two mixed up. The 134a charging kits should only fit on the low side connector. My '99 suburban with a 5.7L Vortec has both fittings right on top of the compressor, if that helps.

Reply to
MASTER Brian

Yes, that does help!

Thank you very much, I'll buy the refill kit tomorrow and give a try.

------------------------------------------------------------- Esta información ha sido transmitida por teléfono, ya que el gobierno de Cuba no permite al ciudadano cubano acceso privado a Internet. CubaNet no reclama exclusividad de sus colaboradores, y autoriza la reproducción de este material, siempre que se le reconozca como fuente.

------------------------------------------------------------ "Sólo la opresión debe temer al pleno ejercicio de las libertades" José Martí

145 Madeira Ave. Suite 207 Coral Gables FL 33134 e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@cubanet.org Tel. (305) 774-1887 FAX (305) 774-1807 WWW

JP