How do I drain the gas tank on my 86 Astro?

I had just filled the tank and the transmission went bad. I tried to siphon it but there seems to be a anti-siphon screen in the tank. Any idea's?

Reply to
Quaggy

ask your question here

Drooler

a big pan, big hammer and medium sized nail? :-D

Take the filler neck off and drain straight out of the top of the tank?

~jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers

Hi!

What I might have suggested, but may God help the guy if he makes a spark.

That would get the gas and all the pieces out of himself and the van!

Has an '86 got an in-tank fuel pump? If so, I'd reckon that "hot wiring" the pump, disconnecting an output lead and feeding the output into a suitable container would work well too.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Thanks William for the Help, Your idea is way better than the others :-) Thanks Drooler for this web site

I found some helpful info on my cooked transmission.

Quaggy

Reply to
Quaggy

better be a brass nail and hammer :-)

Reply to
ScottH

Yep.... And remember to do it on a *really* cold day... ;-)

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers