How to replace power steering fluid in 92 Blazer?

Hi all, on my last trip to the garage, the mechanic advised that my power steering fluid should be replaced soon. How difficult is this job? Is this as basic as an oil change? Honestly, I would know where to begin, but if I can save a few bucks, then by all means.

92 blazer, 4.3, 4dr 2wd auto
Reply to
stevensly

The easiest way is to pull the return hose off the pump and let it drain. The return hose is the small regular looking hose. Then put the hose back on and refill. You wont get it all out but close enough. If you are really worried about it you could drain, refill, run it and crank the wheel back and forth, drain again, refill again. Fluid is cheap so what the hell.

Reply to
Scott M