Is Chevy having an anxiety attack?

I dont know about you guys but I think Chevy has run out of ideas on how to make a good looking car. The HHR? Come on, What is that? Chevy knows trucks, but cars and suv crossovers are not their best trait. Thats it.

Reply to
Stevod

The HHR is nothing other than a restyled PT Cruiser!

The Hummer is now a piss poor downsized version of itself!

The trucks are getting uglier and rickety!

Reply to
Shades

I would not say they know trucks either. They know how to make car trucks but they have completly lost sight of what a work truck is too.

Reply to
SnoMan

I think they ran out of ideas several years ago. The only recent car I've seen from Chevy that doesn't make me ill is the newest Malibu and I'm guessing it was not an American design but Euro. Their trucks get uglier and uglier. The caddy version of the Corvette's not bad.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Chevy trucks are like boxers (dogs). Ugly as hell, but they sure run well.

Lena

Reply to
Lena

For my money, I'll pick Chevy's look over the worn out, testosterone inspired designs of Ford & Dodge. I thought the "retro" look that Dodge originally came out with was attractive early on, but now days I'm thinking they are clearly aimed at the "small pecker gotta have a mean ass lookin' truck" market...

Of course, I'm an old guy with tastes steeped in traditional designs...

DJ

04 2500HD D/A
Reply to
DJ

Ford is not too hatefull and GM has nothing to brag about in styling but Dodge is really in need of a serious makeover. Time to retire the freightliner look.

Reply to
SnoMan

The Chevy headlights look slant-eyed to me. Nothing against Asians but I don't like the effect on the trucks appearance.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Yeah, I once heard someone refer to the look as one of an "angry Chinaman".

To each his own I guess, I like the effect and prefer that look over the bulbous fenders/hood of the Dodge.

DJ

Reply to
DJ

When I purchased my '04 Silverado I was actually buying the engine and transmission (Duramax and Allison). The truck was just the box that they came wrapped in!

Cheers - J>

Reply to
Jonathan

Me too, nice that I happen to like the way they wrapped it...

DJ

Reply to
DJ