Lifting An Astro

Call me nuts. But I want to lift my 2000 Astro AWD. Who says it's only the "BIG" boys that can have fun.

Besides body on fame lift couldn't be easier. Plan to run 35 inch All Terrain T/A's in winter and Long Trail T/A's in summer.

Already have dual exhaust (sound like a Tahoe Have to find a grill/brush guard.

Cheers R

Reply to
Rob Bennett

Ok, your nuts.

Reply to
Scott

A very capable unit, especially if you have a locking rear end. Its not quite a body on frame - it is a unibody, but still easy to do, especially for the AWD.

has a bunch of guys who have lifted and slammed astros and more than willing to help you through it.
has all the goodies you need. good luck!

Reply to
Rick De Visser

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:50:25 -0500, "Rob Bennett" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Ya need somethin to two the trailer from park to park right?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

I might be wrong, but the front suspension is essentially that of an S-10 and get a set of arched springs to fit the back. Unless you do a solid axle conversion, I highly doubt you will get anywhere near 35's to fit!

Reply to
Shades

Actually it's nothing like an S-10. Wheels don't interchange at all with S-10. The front end & brake components are all 1/2 ton Chevy truck. Always been that way. Late model (+2003) Astros even share the six lug setup and rear disk brakes of Suburbans and Tahoes

Rayvan

Reply to
Rayvan

Yeah, you may be nuts (or not) but what the hell, if you've got the $ to burn, perhaps that astro would become a cool toy. as for myself, i wouldn't do it even if i had the $, but thats just me.

Reply to
Another Anonymous

REALY...hmmmm...I honestly was completely wrong!

Reply to
Shades