Proper Plaement of O2 Bung

Just bought some Flowtech Headers from Jegs for my 89 surban ($96 delivered!) The driver side exhaust manifold has the 02 sensor mounted in it. Where should I weld in a o2 sensor bung for proper placement and function. SHould I tap into the header itself down by the collector? Into one of the header tubes? Or can I place it into the tubing after the header? Or does it really matter at all, as long as its there?

Thanks tekguy

Reply to
tekguy4

Weld the bung into the collector..... I'm assuming these are full length hedders and not shorty's, $96 bucks is kinda cheap for full length tubes so I'm wondering what gives. If they are indeed shorty's then weld the bung into the pipe somewhere between the front of the transmission and the shift shaft (roughly 30" from the nearest exhaust port).

Reply to
Mad Dog

If you're still running stock exhaust after the manifolds/headers, grab the Flowtech y-pipe for another $100 to connect the headers to the cat; the y-pipe has the bung welded right in already.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

These are full length headers and at that price you cant go wrong, I was skeptical myself at first but Flowtech is a brand name and Jegs is a reputable vendor. Thanks for info on the placement and y pipe.

I saw an ad on speedvision or something that said all Flowtech headers are onsale at

Thanks again

Reply to
tekguy4

Flowtech is one of Holley's brands and I haven't heard anything bad about their products. You got the Afterburners right?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"