New exhust for my 64 ck10

I have a simple, maybe stupid question, concerning adding headers to my truck. My headers collect into a 2.5 inch pipe, to which i am attaching my own steel pipe, the question is do i buy 2.5 inch pipe and flare the ends to fit into the header collector and the mufflers which have a input of 2.5 inches, or are there pipes just a bit oversized to fit over the 2.5 inch pipe. Again i am sorry if this is a stupid question.

Reply to
marivera

You flare the rear pipe to fit over the front pipe. The connection last longer and is less likely to leak. the front of the muffler should fit over the pipe that feeds it, the muffler outlet should fit in the intermediate pipe or tail pipe if there is no intermediate. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning