International Meet reflections....

Had a real blast last week! Saw JP,officially met N8, and gave Dave T more of my money. I loved meeting Bondo Bill and Ellen,and Max Corkins.Great people!!! I met Dick Steinkamp,and fell in Love with his smooth Black Beauty!!! What a fine Studebaker. I also got to meet Steve Grant,AKA-The Madd Doodler (swear to God he looks like a guy I used to work with!!). I had an absolute wonderfull morning hanging out with Rich LaTorre (amnotR2).And thats not just because he hooked me up with some xtra fine brown pop!!! Talked briefly with Bob P. BS'ed with Jim and his friend @ FBN Interiors (Thanks for the dash top!!).Spent some cash with Stude International. Saw some really fantastic Studebakers in the show. Got to cruise the parade downtown with a gentleman with a really NICE 2 door two tone Blue 61 Lark like mine!! They were beside each other @ the SNM welcoming party Monday night,right out front.Sorry I cant remember his name!!! The dragstrip action was fantastic!! Saw Ted Harbit first hand running the Stewed Tomato while hanging out with Lee D and Debbie and family. Ran a few passes in my little Yellow Lark. After getting past a vapor lock issue,driving in off the street with out any tweeking, my best time was 13:04 @ 104 MPH,with 60 ft times in the 1.9s to 2.0s,all with 331 gears. Second best was a 13:07. I think there is a 12 in there with some tuning and cooler air! The Wall Mart car show was cool,even with the rain.And the test track run was TOO COOL! Got to cruise beside Mathew Burnette and the Orange Bandit a bit.He had a smile as wide as the track!! I missed OCK,Jeff Rice and Jerry Forrester this year! Sorry you guys were not able to get here!!!! I know there is a lot I am leaving out,but it was really a great week.Wish every year could be a party like that!

Reply to
ChampTruckingCompany

It was great watching you run that little Lark! That car had quite a setup under the hood!

Here's a couple pics out on the test track.

Matthew Burnette

Reply to
mbstude

Those are some great times. What are you running?

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

small Weiand 142 Supercharger and a 700CFM Holley blower carb,a TH350 with a TCI valve body kit in it and a TT 331 rear with CE slapper bars. Hooker headers and a full 2.5 exhaust with Hushpower Flowmasters.

Reply to
ChampTruckingCompany

small Weiand 142 Supercharger and a 700CFM Holley blower carb,a TH350 with a TCI valve body kit in it and a TT 331 rear with CE slapper bars. Hooker headers and a full 2.5 exhaust with Hushpower Flowmasters. Don't mean to hijack the thread but what Hooker headers are you running in the lark? I have a 60 model with a brand x 350 also, have not been able to find any headers to fit the chassis. Thanks, Lamar

Reply to
wbutler

a small Weiand 142 Supercharger and a 700CFM Holley blower carb,a TH350 with a TCI valve body kit in it and a TT 331 rear with CE slapper bars. Hooker headers and a full 2.5 exhaust with Hushpower Flowmasters.

Damn! I would have had the chance to run you with my '59 Lark 2-door wagon (454, th400, 9" w/ 3.00 locker, 4 wheel disc brakes) I use Hedman "Tight Tubes" for many engine swaps because of their flat collector block hugging style

Reply to
oldcarfart

Can anybody w/ a stude get on the track? Are they going to do that at Lancaster?

Reply to
Larkylou

a small Weiand 142 Supercharger and a 700CFM Holley blower carb,a TH350 with a TCI valve body kit in it and a TT 331 rear with CE slapper bars. Hooker headers and a full 2.5 exhaust with Hushpower Flowmasters.

Tried the tight tubes, won't clear the steering on this one. Currently running a custom set of fender well dumps. Lamar

Reply to
wbutler

with a small Weiand 142 Supercharger and a 700CFM Holley blower carb,a TH350 with a TCI valve body kit in it and a TT 331 rear with CE slapper bars. Hooker headers and a full 2.5 exhaust with Hushpower Flowmasters.

The Hooker headers I have a block hugger style Super Competition series.(HKR 2001) I also used "hugger tubes" 2.5 down pipes from Jegs (pt#338710010).After welding them to the collector on the drivers side,I had a bit of a clearance issue with the pipe and reach rod, so I marked the pipe where the reach rod hit it.I unbolted it from the header and layed it in a vice. Then I heated that spot cherry red,and layed a 1/2 inch ratchet extention across the marked spot and hammered it into the pipe to create a rounded dimple to clear the reach rod. No kink,no flow restriction. And I would have Loved to run the wagon as well as oogle it in person!!!!! Damn!!! Lamar,what fenderwell headers are you using?? I gotta know!

Reply to
ChampTruckingCompany

They are custom built by me, ugly but functional(G). Lamar

Reply to
wbutler

You still want one of our "girls"??

They arrived home about an hour ago via UPS, most of their cleavage is gone though.

Let me know and I will have one of them sent out.

Reply to
Bill Glass

Would you have a digital picture you could post?

Reply to
ChampTruckingCompany

Will see if I can get one over the weekend for you. Lamar

Reply to
wbutler

THANK YOU!!

Reply to
ChampTruckingCompany

LOL-If she can be filled back up(this sounds real bad)sure!...THANKS!

Reply to
ChampTruckingCompany

hope this works, if not send me a PM with your email and I will send them to you. Lamar

Reply to
wbutler

Great job on the header pictures...Same on your workmanship...

Lansing

To e-mail me remove the X from my E - address...

Reply to
Lansing Small

Wal-Mart car show????? Fill me in... ('Cause I can go to a Wal-Mart show any old place ) Man... I missed all you guys worse than you know.... But I'm playin' a long term game this year that will reassure my being able to play Stude's for quite a while... Jeff (Wait until you hear about the Stude Racing Association Annual Race Meet) Rice

"ChampTruck> The Wall Mart car show was cool,even with the rain.And the test track

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Sweet setup... Nice work! Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Thanks, as I said ugly but functional. Lamar

Reply to
wbutler