Not a Truck, But....HELP!!!

Sorry for the off topic post, but this is really driving me nuts.

My son-in-law has a 2000 Chevrolet Cavilier Z24 with a 2.2L DOHC engine. Has anyone got a clue where the hell Chev hid the sparkplugs on this thing. Yeah, I know it sounds stupid, but the damn things aren't visible. I am assuming I am going to have to rip off the shroud over the exhaust manifold on the back of the engine since that is the only place I can't get a good look at.

Any help would be appreciated.

Navy Chief

Reply to
John

You said DOHC - and that tells you where the plugs are. They're between the cams, on top of the motor. There should be a cover on top of them.

HTH

JC

Reply to
JC

a quick google on 2.4 DOHC cavalier brought this up:

- down towards thebottom, you can see a picture of the 2.4, and that cover with 4 staggeredbolts is what hides the plugs/wires......

JC

Reply to
JC

Thanks...found 'em. The lack of spark plug wires had me pulling what little hair I have left out.

Navy Chief

Reply to
John