Polishing stock stainless exhaust

I have an 06 silverado with a stainless steel exhaust and I wanted to polish the tailpipe. Is there any good links with step by step instructions, or does anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
ngbrooks

Steel Brillo Pads with wet 'Brillo' soap..

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

Undiluted white vinegar and a clean cloth. I wouldn't use the steel wool, stainless steel is just steel with 10% chromium in the alloy. For the "look" a thin coating of chromim is used to form a hard oxide. If it gets scratched deep enough or wore down it will rust. If it gets too hot it discolors. Some of the discoloration can be removed with plain old club soda water Other products, in the cleaning area of your grocer, Bar Tenders Friend, and Home Depot carry's a product called Hope's Stainless Steel Polish.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Reply to