Power Steering Problem

While in Baja, the power steering/power brakes on our 30' Winnebago (Chevy) went out and after about a week of hunting for a mechanic and struggling with my very limited Spanish, we FINALLY got it "repaired". But we still have no power steering/brakes until we go several hundred feet or so. I'd like to get an idea of what needs to be done and how much cost might be involved. We live 50 miles away from any mechanic that we'd trust so can't just bring it in for an estimate. We're trying to figure out if this would be a good excuse to go shopping for a new "toy". It's not really that huge of a problem but hubby is disabled so I do all the driving and my "power" steering isn't quite as powerful as it might be.

Thanks!

Sandy

Reply to
sandy

Both your brakes and power steering are driven by the power steering pump. Check the fluid level and make sure the belt is tight. That's about all you can do besides taking it to a competent mechanic.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

The acumulater could be bad, bleeding down when the engine is shut off.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning