Re: '91 S10 Fuel Mileage

Don,

I have a regular cab '91 S10, 2.8 liter V6, 5 spd. & it gets 20 mpg overall. If I hold a steady 60 mph on the interstate (easy in N. NH /VT) it approaches 25 mpg. I got 18 towing a loaded 5 x 10 enclosed trailer for 1200 hilly miles. I like the little V6, too bad they quit making them and the S10 too. Those Colorados are uckin' fugly!

Jake

Reply to
cio607

The 2.8 was a good little motor once they hit the fuel injection era, and as long as it's coupled to a 5 speed manual. I used to have an '84 S10 with a carbureted 2.8 and automatic tranny. It was an absolute turd. Had no power whatsoever, and got less than 16-17 MPG because you always had to have your foot to the floor to get it to go anywhere at a decent rate of speed. I think the newer 2.8's have a lot more power than the 2.5L 4 cylinder, and don't get any worse mileage.

I agree about the Colorado and Canyon being about as pretty as a moose's rear-end. Who ever started this Avalanche/Aztek/Colorado style of vehicles needs to be killed. Or at least imprisoned for creating the ugliest cars known to man.

-Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell