Diesel Mileage Question

I am thinking of purchasing a 2004 Silverado 2500HD with the Duramax 6.6 and Allison trans. I hear the mileage I should expect is about 16-17 city and

19-20 highway (65-70mph) not towing. Towing is a whole new story - I wouldn't expect much more that 11. Most of my driving will not be towing. When I do tow it is at least 250 miles at a clip.

Are these non-towing numbers mileage numbers in the ball park? Any insight on this truck is appreciated.

Thanks Guys, Dom

Reply to
Dom

Dave

I am getting 16 local, and 18-20 highway. The highway speeds I maintain to keep a high MPG is about 60-65. When I get up to 70+ is get 18 max.

My brother with the LLY 04 is getting 1-2MPG less than I.

Reply to
jmpulse

My '04 Chevy 2500HD Crewcab 2wd with the Duramax and Allison gets me 17 during my morning commute (45 minutes, max speed 55) and 20-21 on the highway at 65-70mph. Every mph over 75 or so sees a decrease in mileage (the price you pay for driving a vehicle that big). At 80mph and I'm getting 14-15 mpg. I've never had any long distance sustained speeds over

80 to measure the mpg.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm looking forward to the diesel truck.

I take it you are all pleased - I have heard of some problems with fuel injectors.

Dom

Reply to
Dom

That is about what I get in city driving, 2004 Sierra Duramax LB7. Also about 15 to 16 pulling a 5000 pound trailer in the Rocky mountains.

Filled up this morning: $2.20 a gallon!!! - Denver area. Eight miles to FlyingJ where they have it for $2.12.

Reply to
someone

-- "Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible."

-Edwin Land

Reply to
Robert