Re: Starter on a 1992 Chevy S10

Hi all, I have had my truck for about 7 years now (bought it used from a

> older man that took very good care of it). For the past couple of years I > have replaced the starter about 4 times now. > > Is this the norm for that type of truck? (Chevy S10 4X4 pickup 1992 Model) > I went out tonight to start it up and it would not even turn over. I have > noticed for the past couple of days that the starter had been dragging and > now nothing. > > Has anyone ever replaced a starter on this type of truck themselves and how > easy is it. Or should I just get the shop to do it again and pay them. > Although money is tight right now. > > Any help would be greatly appreciated. > > Eric > > >

My '92 S10 ext cab 2 wheel drive just got a new starter courtesy of my brother-in-law who put it on for me. It's been working fine so far...about 2 months I think. He said it was a bit of a struggle to get in in place because of a cross member but it only had two bolts holding it in.

I have read here about starter problems on this truck due to exposure to heat. So, I bought name brand replacement. I've also read here about making sure the heat shield is present; course mine has the 4.3 engine. It has 182,400 plus miles on it and still going strong.

Drum-

Reply to
Drumstick