S10 V8 Motor swap

Has anyone done a 305 into a S-10 4X4 with a 2.8 in it.

I am looking for oil pan info as I would like not to have to buy the $250 one to do the swap.

I got a B&M Z-Gate shifter but need info on converting a turbo 350 to the stack transfer case.

Any help apreciated.

Dan

Reply to
boogieman

"boogieman" wrote: > Has anyone done a 305 into a S-10 4X4 with a 2.8 in it. > > I am looking for oil pan info as I would like not to have to > buy the > $250 one > to do the swap. > > I got a B&M Z-Gate shifter but need info on converting a turbo > 350 to > the stack transfer case. > > Any help apreciated. > > Dan

I would swap in a 4.3, you can fit in a V8 but the V6 is a much nicer fit and will not add several hunderd pound to the front end that the V8 will and will not have the cooling issues that you can have with a V8 in that truck in hot weather and hard use.

Reply to
SnoMan

two options:

or

Gordon

I would say just the opposite. If you are doing all the work for the 4.3, the 350 is just two more cylinders and not much more work. You already have to get all new radiator, pan, headers etc. for the 4.3, so might as well enjoy the extra power. Cooling CAN be an issue on the 350 swap, but if you use the good radiator with the proper fans and shrouds it works just fine.

Big Chris

SnoMan wrote:

Reply to
Big Chris

And about 5 inches more length and more weight too and will REALLY crowd the engine compartment too and cooling will be difficult in low offroad conditions in hot weather. Do not kid yourself on this. If you plan to play off road a lot, the 4.3 would be a much better package with a lot more power than the 2.8 without being a very tight fit either. Also the 4.3 will respond to "warming" just as well as a 350 will with tweaks becaus it is based on the 350.

Reply to
SnoMan