security light

Occasionally the Security light comes on. I looked in the manual and I don't have power locks and other things they suggested it might be from. I know about dummy lights, is this all it is? It only happens once in a great while, and it is gone the next time I restart.

Reply to
Tara Legale

Be ready to have to take it to the dealer, had this happen on my 2000 GMC pu, and its in that dang computer crap they fill themn with, its part of the PASLOCK system, and is made to prevent someone from making a key and using it to steal your truck, special key I understand, but as long as the light is on your ok, it will restart, one of these times you will hit the key, it will start and run a sec and die, and the security light will flash, when it does wait 10 min or so, for it all to reset and it will then restart, and this will be a ongoing thing, till you take it to the dealer, and they replace the key module and some other computer module in there truck some where, went through this twice. One thing, if you have a large key ring hanging from the ingition key, down size it, I was told that large key ring hanging can cause problems, told by a the dealer, so I keep just a couple keys on my ring, and a detachable ring for the rest. Hope this helps

Reply to
Craig M

What he said. My step-daughter's '93 Buick LeSabre took a crap on her after the security light came on. Turned out to be about a $400 fix in the ignition/keylock system. A lot of money to spend on a vehicle that old, that's for sure!

Mark '01 Blazer LT

Reply to
Mark E. Bye