Split AC controls 06 Silverado Crew

Its nice and hot down here in Florida, and just to make things more miserable, the drivers side AC vents will go into full HEAT mode without warning. Passenger side COLD. Manipulating the controls, hitting the dash and associated surroundings, and a few choice words wont fix it. Stopping the vehicle, shutting off the key and turning it back on returns things to normal. Any experience with fixing this (besides filling my t-shirt with ice cubes) or what the problem might be.

Reply to
wabbleknee

Sounds like a frontside ECM unless it's vacuum. Probably should quiz a dealer and see how much info they're give for free.

Reply to
A. Baum

there's a fuse under the hood labeled HVAC, pull it for a minute, replace it, put the key in the ignition and turn it but don't start it. you should hear the hvac going through a diagnostic, that should get ya going, if not you need to replace the drivers side actuator

DORMAN Part # 604106 {#89018365} Temperature/Recirculation Actuator Category: Heater Blend Door Actuator

Reply to
Troy

there's a fuse under the hood labeled HVAC, pull it for a minute, replace it, put the key in the ignition and turn it but don't start it. you should hear the hvac going through a diagnostic, that should get ya going, if not you need to replace the drivers side actuator

DORMAN Part # 604106 {#89018365} Temperature/Recirculation Actuator Category: Heater Blend Door Actuator

Reply to
wabbleknee

That was an awesome piece of info there , dude, im printing it and puytting it in my Chiltons, thanks.

Diesel

Reply to
DogDiesel

Yeah good info for sure. My 03 TB would go from fresh air to recirculate even not set to recirculate. Found out it was an undocumented function to go to recirculate when the inside temperate was over a certain limit. once that limit had been satisfied it went back to fresh air A/C. Unfortunately I smoke and recirculate isn't an option with a lit cig. A cracked drive side window provided enough of a push to shoot the smoke out the window when on A/C fresh air without compromising the A/C.

Reply to
A. Baum