Front cargo carrier did fine.

My front cargo carrier worked damned nice . I got a lot of rednecks compliments liking it this weekend. At the AMA motorcycle races. At Mid Ohio race track. It was sure fricking hot though.

I picked up a used Jason cap with windows for $200. And the owner helped me mount it.

I put some new scratches on it.

Yup, this Chevy truck is finally getting useful.

Gas mileage is sweetest on the freeway.

Vortec V6 is good enuf for me.

underneath rust is way more then my Toyota though. I'm going to have to do something about that.

And for the record. the Ac in my 2004 Silverado works better then the Ac in my 2005 Toyota Echo.

Reply to
DogDiesel

That's good to hear. I finally found a garage that lent me some rack space for $10 a day so I could pull the front drive out of the way and get to the oil pan to replace a loud rod bearing. Hot here also so I spread the work out over a few days. Easy enough to find the culprit without doing any measurements. A tap with a hammer on the rod and the patient might have yelled out loud with a bad tooth. Plasti-gauge said .10 under and that's what I stuck back in. Nice and quiet now. Cost me $50 to rent a lift and $15 for the aftermarket bearing. Plus $20 for gasket compound for the oilpan, no real gasket is used. Also cost about a year of arm, shoulder and back aches, not used to this kind of work. It's not a job for a couple jack stands and a mechanic's creeper.

Oh the vehicle was an 03 Trailblazer 4x4 4.2 vortec. It's for sale if anyone wants to buy it :) under 81k miles.

Reply to
A. Baum

Well, that's kinda impressive. All I got is jackstands a creeper and grass. So that's too much for me.

I been lucky though I never blew an engine.

Reply to
DogDiesel

Depends on what a blown engine means to you I guess. I put almost 1200 miles on this after it started making noise. Funny though when you wanted power from it up to about 3000 rpm it didn't make noise. Just when you backed off the throttle and then only until drag took over. .10 under isn't that much considering that's the upper limit for a normal sized bearing sleeve. and the journal out of round was well within tolerance. So i could have stuck a stock speck bearing sleeve back in. Anyway the bearing replacement was child's play compared to getting the forward differential out of the way. Had to buy one new tool, a torque degree gauge. Torquing the cap nuts was 25 lbs for each nut then 110 degrees after that. I've always relied on ft lbs, this was the first that wanted

110 more degrees of clockwise turn after the initial 25 ft lbs of torque. A lot of the specs, in Chevy now, head bolts and such are done with an initial ft lbs then a degree of turn after.
Reply to
A. Baum