'95 GMC 1500 Door Hinge Pin Bushing kit

Hey all, Does anyone know if GM offers a door hinge pin rebuild kit? My doors both sag a bit, the drivers side more......and if they do, are the pins/bushings removable with the doors still on the truck? Looking at it, it seems you might get away with it, but does anyone know for sure? Thanks, Ed

Reply to
Ed White

On my '94 Suburban K1500 I replaced the brass bushings every two years on the drivers side during the 10 years I had it. Every three years or so on the passenger. The door has to come off, and kits are available. GM would sell the bushings, but likely at twice the cost of a jobber. I just had a body shop do it.....it was $100 to do both. You could do it yourself, but the PITA factor was just too great for me.

Reply to
Augustus

"Ed White" wrote in news:sgmEh.18$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.lga:

bushings are offered everywhere..........you will need a spring compressor for the hold open spring (pair of clamping pliers bent JUST right to clamp spring)..........if you enjoy PITA jobs then this is right up your alley. but really no prob w/the right tool.............btw: i enjoy pita jobs just to make life worthwhile. kinda like snaking out the sewer drain on a rainey day..............kjun

Reply to
Kjun

Thanks for the replies guys, yeah, I'm a sucker for working on my truck, I do as much as I can without paying other folks, just finished the intake manifold gaskets & tune-up, hopefully the hinges won't be too bad, all the pieces have beeh oiled regularly.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

Ed...when you figure brand and model number for the spring compressor...can you please post?

I paid a $100 bucks to fix the driver side of my 93 and have the passenger side plus my 99 Tahoe to go. One day I opened the door on my 93 and it slung open and didn't come back. Lucky, no damage. The pin with the "roller" on it completely sheared off. My 99 was down over the holidays with the leaky intake. When I go to it, I could hardly open the friggen door. After a dose of white lube, it got better but still makes noise.

You'd think after a hundred years, they'd figure this stuff out.

skimmer

Reply to
News Skimmer

Will do, I'll let you know how it goes. Ed

Reply to
Ed White

Here ya go:

I buy from this company all the time, 2 day delivery and never a problem.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

aarcuda69062 wrote in news:nonelson- snipped-for-privacy@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com:

i like the looks of that one better than mine.....you have to clamp and hook a keeper on my pliers style......kjun

Reply to
Kjun