Trailblazer HVAC

We get a clicking, popping, noise when switching the air direction from chest to floor to defrost (2002 Trailblazer). It sounds like gears slipping. I think its the "mode actuator". Has anyone else had problems with this? It looks like an enormous repair job according to my manuals. Is this thing possibly just out of calibration and can this be easily fixed? Thanks

Reply to
bjc