Turbo 350 short tail or long 74 LWB

I have a 74 LWB truck. My son was driving it while in college. He called today and said the transmission went out. The truck is currently parked at his work. I did get him to figure out it was a turbo 350, but forgot to find out if it's a long tail or short tail. Does anyone know which it would be? It does has a 2 piece driveshaft if that's of any importance. I plan on looking at in on Saturday, but would like to know prior to driving up there.

Thanks

Reply to
mgoodman1

I had a '75 Nova and I needed a tranny. The mechanic told me to bring it in, put it on the hoist and measure. I protested UNTIL he told me that there were 16 different transmission/tailshaft/driveshaft combinations for that year of car. Teach your son how to run a tape measure.

-- Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl

pick-ups were almost always long-tail

I can't recall ever seeing one that wasn't, but I'm sure there's one somewhere

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Found out the torque convertor bolts are missing.

Reply to
mgoodman1

well, that certainly would explain his problem..........

Reply to
TranSurgeon

oh, and make sure the bell housing bolts are all there and tight

those TC bolts came out for a reason...........

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Tell him to Check with His EX girlfriend... She May Have The 3 Bolts !!!

Reply to
no one

Reply to
Joel