What Schock's to buy

I have a 1994 K 1500 Silverado. I am going to change shocks.The truck is in very good condition. What shocks would you recommend.I was thinking of Bilstiens .I am afraid that since the frame is old the shocks may cause damage???Probably a stupid idea,but years ago I put heavy duty loadlevelers on a nova and ripped the top mounting bracket right off.

Thanks Doug

Reply to
Doug

Bilsiens will work just fine. contray to popular belief and false advertising in 90% of the cases, shock mounts were never designed to be weight bearing points. I miss the easy money of repairing upper shock mounts on Cameros and Firebirds in the 70's and

80's when idiots put air shocks in them and punched through the top of the rear fender wells .

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I put the Bilstein HD in my 96. I love them.

Reply to
Mike Copeland

I put Rancho adjustable shocks on my 2001 C 1500 Silverado. I set them for soft when I'm tooling around town, and set them for stiff when I'm pulling our travel trailer (27', 4800 lbs). All 4 installed were about $320. I wanted something softer because I replaced the original tires (passenger grade, soft) with Light truck tires (better for towing, but stiffer). But I still wanted some tighter control when pulling a load.

Good luck,

Rick

Reply to
dont.bother