2000 Suburban Keyless entry transmitter programming help

Hi,

Just got a 200 Suburban. It only came with 1 key and transmitter. So, off to the dealer, got a new key & transmitter. Silly me. My Ford Explorer tells how to match the transmitters to the car but Chevy doesn't.

How do I match my transmitters to my car?

Thanks!

Reply to
Viewer

Don't know if this will work on yours but you can try it.

Transmitter Programming 1.. Start with the ignition OFF, hold down the power unlock button on the door panel. Turn ignition key ON, OFF, ON, OFF. Release power unlock button on the door panel. The locks will cycle once. 2.. Hold down the keyless entry transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons for 15 seconds. The locks will again cycle once. 3.. Repeat step #2 for each additional keyless entry transmitter. 4.. Turn the ignition on to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode. Programming is now complete.

Reply to
George

Thank you! I found it quite frustrating that GM wouldn't put that bit of information in the owner's manual. It seem silly to hide that from your customers. Oh well. Thanks again!

Reply to
Viewer