Windshield wiper lifing

I have a problem off my drivers side wiper lifting when driving down the interstate(auto-strada). I only does it above 70mph, if I go any slower I will get ran over. speed limit on the road is close to 90mph. I have a new wiper blade part on it and it still doesn't help. Is there a way to tighten down the arm? or ? This is a Chevy Malibu 98.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
bubba in italy

Speed limit is 90 MPH? Cool! :) You will most likely have to replace the arm.

Reply to
Scott

I've seen blades that have a sort of wing on them about half and inch wide that is supposed to create downforce and hold them down. You can also bend the arm a bid. Or you could remove the coil spring inside the arm and cut a couple coils off it and put it back on. That will add some more down force.

Reply to
AZGuy

The wings are another nifty gimmic to vacuum money from your pockets. That wing looks like a piece of firwood going by your face as it seems as thick as you arm when the wipers are working.

-- Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl