WTB: SBC Hi-Po Parts

Looking for cam, intake, carb, heads and headers for my 77 SBC. It is a 77 Chev Caprice sedan with the 350. Rarely a daily driver, but a street/strip car. Looking to make a great sleeper. Reccomendations? Parts for sale?

I know it's OT, but at least its Chev!

Located in Tacoma, WA

Thanks,

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

street/strip

Putting a motor together that way is going to end up costing you more than buying one put together by someone that knows what they are doing. Try any of the mags for engine sources or get a factory crate motor. That engine you have will need (in addition to what you have listed) pistons (for more compression), rings and gaskets, rods trued, balancing of all parts, and numerous other things if you're going to get any HP out of it, and no warranty if you screw things up.

Reply to
John Alt

Good point, John. I may go with just intake, carb and headers

Thanks,

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Don't expect much. 77 was one of the bad years for compression and head flow. Pull the casting numbers and look them up to see what kind of valves you're working with. Probably 1.72/1.5, which means you wont get much bang for your buck out of those parts. Shaving the heads or putting a set of boneyard 305 heads might get you some cheap HP, too, and allow you to get more out of your other parts. Otherwise I'd look for a donor motor. And go with the smaller diameter headers to get torque. You want to make torque with what your building, not HP.

Reply to
John Alt

Thanks, John.

Carl