1992 Town & Country

Love it - Leather & Loaded -145,000 miles and still ticking - BUT I spilled kerosene on the carpeting and now everyone refuses to ride in it. I scrubbed with carpet cleaner and used coffee grounds, baking soda, but the smell is still overpowering. I am attempting to take all the carpet out and wash it at the laundromat and now I discover that it's all one big piece front to back. So I'm taking the seats out and I don't have the correct socket to fit those big nuts underneath. Is that a 20 metric? I have 19 and 21 but no twenty and 13/16 is a shade to big. No wonder I drink. Who has tips?

Reply to
Dan Streb

jdoe

Tip #1: don't run this thing through a washing machine or a dryer. It's a fire hazard. Once you get it and the underlaying insulation out, throw it out. Alternatively, you can try drying it in the sun and see if enough of the kerosene evaporates to make the odor go away. Good luck.

Tip #2: junkyards have these carpets, in varying conditions, for low bucks. You can also buy a new pre-cut replacement carpet as well, last I checked it was somewhat over $100 US. You could also get a remnant from a carpet store and trim it to fit. Get all-weather indoor/outdoor carpeting if you go that route.

Tip #3: Make sure you torque the seat bolts down according to spec. It will save your life in a collision.

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff