2003 Grand Caravan Sport 3.3, rear heating system tubing

Hi When my Van was on the lift (50000 miles, in Canada lots of salt on the road), the mechanic noticed that the two metal tubes that carry the antifreeze coolant to the back heater is starting to rust , especially were the are there is a little bracket welded to hold the two tubes together. I am thinking of replacing this before it starts leaking. Any body has gone through this, and how big of a job to replace. I was also thinking maybe just cutting off that portion and putting some rubber hoses. Appeciate any suggestions

Tx

Reply to
cosza

Hello: have it done now, i had a 97' GV and had to have the same thing done which was causing me to lose coolant.

Reply to
Bentracer and Bentrider

Reply to
Dipstick

How long of a job was it Tx

Hello: have it done now, i had a 97' GV and had to have the same thing done which was causing me to lose coolant.

Reply to
cosza

Reply to
philthy

So i assume you cut off the metal tubing section and replaced it with rubber hoses Thanks again

Reply to
cosza

Reply to
philthy