3L V6 SOHC engine water pump replacement

Engine, V6 3.0 L in a Plymouth Voyager

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I would like to know what is the best tool/method to remove the small bracket that attached to the upper water pump and alternator mounting bracket(held by 3 X 12 mm bolts). I have no problem removing one 12 mm bolt attached to the water pump. But the other two 12mm seems very tight, I worry I'll round the head with an open ended wrench, is there any special tool. what other option do I have, like remove the alternator bracket as a whole etc. On the water pump, the top 10 mm bolt is behind the bracket, does it has to come off before removing the pump? Does the two part water pump come off as a whole unit or one part after the other? TIA

Dan

Reply to
danleung1