'87 Fifth Avenue - Running too cold?

Here I am again...

Is this thing running too cold?

See this photo of my dash --->

I'm going to crack open the thermostat housing and see if I have a thermostat at all in there, or if it's just stuck open. I get pretty hot air from the heater, but the engine seems to stay quite cool.

Can any other Fifth owners tell me where your temp guage usually runs?

Thanks,

-Steve

Reply to
Steve Reinis

The dashboard gauge is not considered accurate enough to judge this, especially on a car this old. If you're getting good heat, you're probably okay, if you're still concerned you can have the temperature checked with a non-contact thermometer which would tell the tale.

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff