93 3.3L Voyager

Hi all, my minivan has given me a headache for three weeks already. 2 mechanics haven't been able to find the problem. Little history, Minivan runs fine, no problem or noises. Next morning won't start. There is no spark. Replaced Coil pack, crankshaft sensor (the one located at the transmission, next to the engine) checked trouble codes, only got 3 &

5,5,5. Ignition switch is O.K. The guy at autozone recommends replacing the camshaft sensor, but neither the mechanic or I could find it (according to the books it shall be next to the timing chain cover) Another mechanic recommended removing the timing cover and making sure the chain is in the correct position. But I doubt it because it never made a weird noise. Any suggestions?
Reply to
jmofaz

Not to be a smart ass but maybe that's why the mechanic cant fix your car, if he cant find the cam sensor which is located where the camshaft is, and cant see the cam sensor which is just between the right engine mount where they have been since day one of the 3.3. maybe you should try another mechanic

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

What's even more amazing is that the Autozone guy not only knew the engine had a cam sensor, but actually recommended a part that is a possible cause.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

I followed your directions, and I found it! Even knowing the approximately location it is hard to find, since it is hidden below the right motor mount. Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Reply to
jmofaz

let us know if the cam sensor was the problem. thanks, nick

Reply to
ncs