93 Caravan: Odd IP problem.

Hi

I have a 93 Caravan with the premium gauge package [electro-mechanical] that has been exhibiting an oddball problem. Quite simply, all of the gauges will only work if I turn on the headlights. With the headlights off or with just the park lights on, the gauges all drop to zero and the "check gauges" light turns on. Since I live in Canada, the van has daytime running lights and they are functioning properly. The gauges still do not work with the daytime running lights on.

Any suggestions as to where I should start digging? I have checked every ground contact I could see and everything seems clean and tight. [at least I can still drive, I just have to keep the headlights on]

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Opus-