94 Grand Cherokee Transmission

Hi there,

I have a 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Lately there is a problem with its transmission.

It is very difficult to initiate from a stop on D gear. It is almost impossible if I stop on an uphill position. Once it gets over 10-15 mph, everything seems to be fine. Also there is no problem if I put it to 2, 1 or reverse gear.

I suspect that somehow the transmission can not downshift to 1st gear when I release the gas padel. When it try to move from a stop, it is really difficult.

Could it be the throttle valve or kickdown valve' problem? I took off the oil pan and checked out the throttle valve linkage. I noticed that the throttle valve linkage is not in close contact with the kickdown valve. there is an about 1cm gap between them. Is this normal? I thought that the kickdown valve should be pushed all out to a position where it almost contact the throttle valve lever.

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

HB

Reply to
HB