96 Caravan - Replacing Fuel Tank Filler Neck

Looks like the dealer has found a gas leak coming from the filler neck on my

96 Grand Caravan. I can't believe the price chrysler charges for this part. Thinking of putting a used part on. Is this an easy replacement for a non-dealer tech?? Dealer says its a couple of hours labour. Anyone done this or have any comments??

Thx.

Reply to
RoadRunner

Yeah, this sounds like a recall item from a few years ago. This same dealer ought to run your VIN in their computer to see if your van has had all the recalls taken care of. You can look up recalls on websites like the DOT's NTSB website.

Reply to
David J. Allen