99 Chrysler LHS - Infinity I System

Hi guys-

I have a 99 LHS with the infinity I sound system. The two 2.5 inch coaxial speakers in the lower corners of the front door windows are in need of replacement. The problem is I cannot locate a pair of 2.5 inch speakers anywhere. Is there anywhere to search other than the dealership? I tried looking at crutchfield, but had no luck. They are suggesting using 3.5 inch speakers in that spot, which I do not think will fit.

Has anyone replaced these in the past and have tips? Where to purchase the speakers, and how to remove the covers?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
rdh009

My sebring had those in the dash. I ended up taking the midrange speakers from a pair of 6x9 pioneers and removing the capacitor to make it a full range speaker. The size was a little over 2.5 inches but a tiny bit of grinding on opposite edges and they were able to be hotglued into the factory grilles. Beats the hell out of the $200 the dealer wanted and they sound better. 3.5's will definietly not fit at all.

Reply to
RM v2.0

There's been discussion ad infinitum on the 300M Club forums:

- do a search there for every possible option available. Bill Putney (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my address with the letter 'x')

Reply to
Bill Putney