Can Chrysler hit jackpot again?

Exactly. Now you're getting somewhere. Why would anyone couple an advanced technology with idiocy? The answer is because PEOPLE HATE IT. That's what I said above. You have to remember that everybody feels, but not everybody thinks.

We live in a world where a $70,000 car was engineered with a pipe from the intake manifold into the passenger compartment to generate noise. That's reality. Stupid, yes, but they did it. They did it because they thought their rich customers would like it.

Reply to
Joe

So... it's going to go down as the most hated automotive technology in history (somehow beating out such gems as seat belt interlocks and talking dashboards) because people are too ignorant to understand it and too stupid to be educated?

Well, I like to hear what my engine is doing... sounds like it wasn't a terribly cost-effective way to do it (just using less insulation would have done it at less cost), but it isn't like they had a little speaker making vroom-vroom noises. That would be an analogous decision.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

If you pay a bit more you get very wide low profile tires with no side wall depth that ride like shit. I saw 25 profile tires on a Mercedes sedan the other day, UGH! Those with lots of money base their buying more on emotion, particularly if they want to make an impression.

Reply to
who

Right, and if you're real lucky, you might get to run over a bump and bend the rim. Then you'll know you've really made the big time.

Reply to
Joe