Chrysler may up warranty coverage (Detroit News)

What good's a warranty if the company isn't around to honor it later on?

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

True, but which big 3 company would you trust more to honor a warranty.

Reply to
who

Because I had my Dodge Dakota Club Cab in the shop 48 times the first year I owned it (this was a 90) they (after massive complaints) provided me with a lifetime power train warranty - I kept the truck for about 10 years and never had any problems getting it serviced.

I got fed-up with dealing with Dodge and Chrysler dealers when it came to my Trucks and Chry T/C mini vans, I've switched to Toyota this year and so far it's a much different experience.

Reply to
Leythos

Do you have any significant warranty claims on your Toyota?

Reply to
who

None yet - the vehicle has had 0 problems in the 3 months that I've owned it. Both of my Dodge Dakotas were in the shop at least 5 times during that same period. I take the 4Runner in for the 5K service next week.

I commented because my experience with ever Chrysler dealer has been the same - the sales people are rude, assuming, don't work for what they get from me, and generally don't care much.

The Toyota sales places I visited, one was a Toyota Only dealer was great, jumping for my business, paid less than I expected, was loaned the 4Runner over the weekend to test it, etc... The Toyota dealer where they also sold Chevy were just as bad as my experience with Dodge dealers. It was a 100% difference in experience with them.

Reply to
Leythos

Don't worry about it, if Toyota ever puts the Detroit 3 out of business and becomes the majority auto supplier in the US, all of the customer service will go out of the window. That is the nature of being the biggest.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Since before 90 I've owned a Dodge Dakota, always like them above all the others. My last one was a Quad 4x4 V8 with all the toys, but, at

12MPG I just could not afford to drive it like I need too. The vehicle had a number of issues right off the bat, but, they were resolved, and it took a lot of work with the dealer and service departments. My first one was in the shop 48 times in under 2 years, they replaced everything except the egnine block - 3 or 4 rear ends, couple drive shafts, several transmissions, many computers, etc...
Reply to
Leythos

All the Chrysler dealers I've dealt with since 1981 for both our Chrysler vehicles have been very corporative. I couldn't ask for more, except for Chrysler not offering a discount when my wife's 2001 Sebring front wheel bearings failed at 20K miles. That's a number of cars over 26 (wow) years at 5 different Chrysler dealers. Now we're in hold on new Chryslers as their product seems to have departed from out desires and the rapidly increasing price of fuel has actually changed our desires in the last few years. Fortunately what we have, including my '95 Concord still runs very well. I've never had a car as reliable, runs as well, including handling as my Concord. With no depreciation for the last several years it's a very low cost ride. If the transmission suddenly failed I would just sell the car for parts. The engine and body as almost as new.

Reply to
Some O