Dealers installing vinyl roofs on 300C's - ignore Chrysler's requests to stop

I can't help it, I'm a child of the Seventies. If I ran General Motors, I would command them to resurrect Oldsmobile and sell slightly modernized versions of the 1976 and 1978 Ninety-Eights in parallel - two great cars, go great together!. Every time I see a '79 Eldo Biarritz with the stainless steel top, I get goosebumps. And I tried to get the Euro-market velour interior in our last 330i.

When the 300C Coupe comes out it should have a vinyl top option. I bet you a lot of people would take it up. There's ample precendent to put a vinyl roof on a sporting full-sized coupe, the XJ6C and XJ12C not being the least impressive among that precedent.

Reply to
Jack Baruth

Would you crane your neck backwards while driving 75 MPH on the highway to stare at an ugly woman?

Reply to
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

How about the chrome vent holes in the front fenders of some new Buicks.

Reply to
Art

You didn't tell me you had a woman in the car with you! :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

LOL!

Reply to
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

A comeback for cruisoline ventiports?

Lisa

Reply to
Lisa Horton

I had a white '66 Coronet 500 two door hardtop with a black vinyl roof, and to me, it made the car look much better than the non-vinyl roof version of the same car. I don't know if this is because it was MY car, but, to me, those cars still look better with vinyl. That said, I can't think of any four door car with a vinyl roof that ever did much for me.

Reply to
kokomoNOSPAMkid