93 3.3 Caravan Crank sprocket

I'm changing the timing chain and got the crank pulley off with a puller but getting the new one on is not as easy. Is there a special tool that you need to use to pound it on with ? I used a piece of pcv to get it half way on, but I something more solid that doesn't give. Thanks for any help.

Nick

Reply to
ncs

You can try heating it in an oven and it should expand enough to slip on. You don't have to heat it that much.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Thanks, I had to use a soldering torch to heat it for a few seconds. Nick

Reply to
ncs

You want to be careful doing this as you might mess up the heat treatment of the chain. Better to use an oven as Ted said to give even and fairly well controlled heat.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting