EGR Valve location, Voyager 89 2.5 TBI

Hi all,

I would like to know where is located the EGR valve for a Voyager 89,

2.5 TBI. I need to check this valve, I undestood I have to see if the stick (axis) of the valve is moving in some range depending of engine RMP. Does someone have more details about where the valve is located and how to check. May be a picture would be usefull.

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
Christian

The 2.5 engine in my 89 Voyager has its EGR on top of the inlet manifold just behind and to the left of the Thottle Body, looking from the front. It sticks up about 2.5 inches above the manifold and the EGR tube goes from the underside of the inlet manifold behind the block and joins the end of the exhaust manifold in line with the transmission bellhousing. On mine the EGR valve was stuck shut and the EGR tube corroded through at the manifold end ( why can't this stuff be made of 304 stainless, the cost difference is about 8%). You will also find that the inlet manifold is used as the EGR valve body. Hope this helps!

Reply to
nutta