Flatlander T&C

Our 2001 T&C has an interesting problem. While driving up a steep hill in the middle of Hwy 50 in Nevada (Once dubbed by Life mag as "the loneliest highway in America") the "check engine" light chimed on and the transmission locked up in 2nd gear. This happened the summer before last. Talk about a lousy place for a break down. Shut off and restarted engine the trans began to opperate normally but the light stayed on.

After the road leveled out and with a few stops and starts the light went off until we hit more steep hills (16% grades) where again the trans locks up and check engine light goes on. Same pattern as above.

The rest of the year the van was fine as we live in Houston with nary a hill. Then this past summer the same pattern emerges while on a trip to various National Parks. Steep hills cause the trans to lock up.

We were not towing anthing, Van is equipped with factory tow package and trans has been serviced every 30K miles. Any Ideas as to what the problem is?

Thanks WVK

Reply to
WVK

No, but when the light comes on a code should be stored. Have someone competent who has the right reader to find out for you what the problem is.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting