Gas leak

When I fill up full tank I can see ( under tank) and smell leaking gas . After using same gas ( 50 - 100 km ) the leak is gone. Any idea what's wrong ?

Thanks Chuck

Reply to
Jans

Are you topping off the tank by squeezing the trigger again after the pump shuts off the first time? If not perhaps it is with the evaporative reduction system? Where is the leak coming from? Is it leaking out of the tank itself or is it running down from somewhere else? If you provide your model and year others might have better suggestions.

Reply to
Greg Houston

I would say there is a leak in the tank and it must be located in the upper part so when you consumed some gas the level is under the leak.

Regards,

Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Ballis

Yes, your tank has a leak near the top. Did you really give this any thought at all before posting?

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting